October 31, 2008
- Just in case: A trickster tale and Spanish Alphabet book
PZ7.M78823 Ju 2008
PZ7.R7939 Sm 2008
October 29, 2008
- Aurelie: a faerie tale
PZ8.T536 Au 2008
PZ7.V377 Sto 2008
- Man in the moon
PZ7.E708 Man 2008
- White sands, red menace
PZ7.K6768 Whi 2008
- Marley Z and the bloodstained violin
PZ7.F973 Mab 2008
- The exchange
PZ7.J836 Exc 2008
- The knife of never letting go
PZ7.N4387 Kni 2008
- The ghosts of Kerfol
PZ7.N88 Gh 2008
- Little Audrey
PZ7.W58446 Li 2008
PZ7.5.W47 Zo 2008
- Gully's travels
PZ7.S45526 Gul 2008
October 28, 2008
- There's a wolf at the door
PZ8.1.A467 Th 2008
- Awful Ogre running wild
PS3566.R36 A96 2008
- Anansi's party time
PZ8.1.K567 Apt 2008
- Hansel and Gretel
PZ8.R8996 Han 2008
- Thanksgiving: the true story
- How many ways ... can you catch a fly?
- Ballots for Belva: the true story of a woman's race for the presidency
E664.L68 B37 2008
- Jordan Mechner's Prince of Persia
PN6727.S527 J67 2008
October 27, 2008
- Puppet magic
ACTIV Puppet 2008
The following book has been added to the circulating collection. You will find it shelved in the new books display in the reference area on the main floor of the library or in it's regular location.
October 24, 2008
October 23, 2008
A new assortment of Ellison dies, and one more prestige pro machine, arrived in the IRC yesterday. Included within this order:
- Barn, chicken, cow, lamb, & pig
- Bald eagle, flag, Statue of Liberty, USA (word), & USA outline
- Snowman, snowflake, & mitten
- Pumpkin, turkey, heart, rabbit, & Christmas tree
- Set of caption (balloon) boxes
- Words: great, super, wow, welcome & thanks
- Sign language: okay, I love you & thumbs up
- Maple leaf
October 16, 2008
2008 National Book Award Finalists"Five novels, four of them written for young adults, have been selected as finalists for the 2008 National Book Award for Young People’s Literature. The winner will announced on November 19th at a dinner and ceremony in New York City. Daniel Handler chairs the judging committee, which also includes Holly Black, Angela Johnson, Carolyn Mackler, and Cynthia Voigt."
- Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
(Simon and Schuster) review
- The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
- What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
by E. Lockhart (Hyperion) review
- The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
The Horn Book, 10/16/08
Interested? Two of these books are currently part of the juvenile collection:
- The Underneath
PZ7.A6455 Un 2008
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks: a Novel
PZ7.L7975 Dis 2008
Check them out!
October 8, 2008
All other scanners on the second floor, both inside and outside of the Instructional Resource Center, are working.
Additionally, new scanner directions have been created for the HP Scanjet 4600 scanners (clear top, scan face-up). One side is a quick scan for EDCI 131/504 students scanning to file and the other is for using the Imaging Gallery.
Scanners are all in working order.
October 3, 2008
- Our White House: Looking in, looking out: created by 108 renowned authors and illustrators and the National CHildren's Book and Literacy Alliance
F204.W5 o9 2008
- Everybody bonjours!
PZ8.3.K5598 Eve 2008
- Late for school!
PZ8.3.C13 Lat 2008
- Say hello
PZ8.3.F76 Say 2008
The following book has been added to the juvenile collection. It will be initially placed in the new book shelves on the second floor, directly outside of the IRC, and then located within the juvenile collection.
- A visitor for Bear
PZ7.B3814 Vis 2008
October 2, 2008
Help support CMLA!! (Collegiate Middle Level Association)
Do you need to build up your classroom library or need to buy gifts for siblings or friends? We have the perfect place... Come to our Scholastic Bookfair! It's a Safari Theme and we have many books and other materials great for the classroom or for gifts.
Place: Come check it out in the foyer of the Education Building.
Date: Monday, October 6 – Friday, October 10